List of current job openings & job description
We are always looking for talented, passionate and innovative people to join our team. Please check back as we will be posting current job opportunities as they come available.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Botanicare Employment Application
Territory Sales Manager (Northern California)
Please submit resumes in a word or PDF format. Thank you in advance for sending your resume, however we will not be able to answer each one individually. Only those that are considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Botanicare.
This position is responsible for marketing Botanicare Products, building business relationships, increasing product sales, and hand's on training and developing retailer and distributor product knowledge through store visits and customer interface.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment in all duties.
• During store visits, evaluates and dissects total revenue and sq. footage and determines and implement strategies for promotional and marketing needs that strategically brands and markets Botanicare in sub-territories.
• Evaluates and recommends implementation of, and/or changes to, customers' product displays to ensure optimal product placement; markets and promotes Botanicare by providing samples, demo systems, displays, marketing material, and branding materials.
• Professionally represents Botanicare at trade shows, retailer customer appreciation days, new store openings, and music festivals.
• Observes industry indicators, communicates trends, and recommends new product ideas and marketing strategies to management through weekly reports, direct phone calls, and scheduled sales meetings.
• Evaluates customers' Botanicare product knowledge, determines need for and creates training action plans, and provides specialized training lessons to customers' employees on product usage, dosage rates, potential profit margins, and product benefits in relation to competitors.
• Develops training programs on product usage, dosage rates, potential profit margins, and product benefits in relation to competitors.
• Communicates directly with retailers regarding the company and associated product lines, industry trends, product and price changes, registration status, pending new orders, and promotions.
• Provides customer service to retailers and end users; troubleshoots and resolves product issues, responds to general and technical product questions.
• Composes product information to market company and product lines on social networks, blogs, and forums.
• Recommends and implements marketing and product change requests; evaluates, strategies, and recommends product changes.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• High School diploma
• 3 - 5 years of hydroponic retail, sales, or product representative work experience
• Valid driver's license with clean driving record
• Must submit to a criminal background check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of hydro-gardening required
• Knowledge of social media as a marketing tool
• Knowledge of database system (i.e. Goldmine, MAS CRM, Microsoft Access, etc.)
• Skills in relationship building
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and talk for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is often required to walk and lift or move up to 60 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires travel 50-75% of the time
While working in the office setting the noise level is usually quiet
While working in distributor and retailer setting the noise level can be moderately noisy
The work environment is typically indoors, climate controlled and a structured business or retail setting
Location: Northern California
Compensation: DOE, 401K, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance